Do I need a Permit?

The Raisin Region Conservation Authority (RRCA) is responsible for the administration of the Fill, Construction and Alteration to Waterways Regulations made under Section 28 of the Conservation Authorities Act. The regulation is designed to consider the effects of filling, construction of structures, and the modification/alteration to watercourses in order to prevent flooding and erosion, slope stability and pollution. The intent is to preserve water quality and the conservation of land as well as prevent the creation of new problems or the aggravation of existing problems on and off the site.

A permit is required for activities in the RRCA’s regulated areas that involve:

  • The placing or dumping of fill;
  • The construction of buildings/structures;
  • The straightening, changing, diverting or interfering in any way with the existing channel of a watercourse/river. 
Contact Us

If you suspect your property is located within a regulated RRCA area and you would like to undertake any of the above noted activities, please contact the RRCA for information on the permit and approvals process or please forward a completed permit application to the Raisin Region Conservation Authority.

If you don't call or you proceed with the work without an approval you may be forced by law to remove the work and/or you may be fined.

To download a permit application for development, interference with wetlands and alteration to shorelines and watercourses click here.