This year's race is planned for Sunday, April 15th, 2018. The Raisin River Canoe Race is one of the longest canoe races in Eastern Ontario. First started in 1973, the 30km course runs from St. Andrews to Williamstown. The race is always held during the spring freshet when water levels are high and flows are favourable for paddlers.
Click map to enlarge
|Category||Online (until midnight April 11)||Day of Registration (April 15)|
|17 Foot Open||$40.00||$50.00|
|2 People Kayak||$40.00||$50.00|
|Single Pro Canoe||$20.00||$25.00|
|Single Rec Canoe||$20.00||$25.00|
|Single Long Kayak||$20.00||$25.00|
|Single Short Kayak||$20.00||$25.00|
We are offering discounts of $10 per boat for student paddlers for online registrations.
- April 11 11:59 PM EDT - Online Registration Ends
- April 15 6:00 AM EDT - Pre-Race Breakfast Starts (St. Andrews Parish Hall, Knights of Columbus)
- April 15 8:30 AM EDT - Canoe Number Pickup Opens, Pre-registrations Only, St. Andrews School
- April 15 9:00 AM EDT - On-Site Registrations Opens, St. Andrews School
- April 15 10:30 AM EDT - Race Start (Field beside St. Andrews School)
- April 15 1:00 PM EDT - Shower and Change Room Facilities Open (CharLan Rec Centre)
- April 15 2:00 PM EDT - Banquet (CharLan Rec Centre, hosted by the Ladies of St. Mary's Parish)
New this year! Awards will be mailed out to category winners, 2nd place and 3rd place in the week following the event.